0. choose x86 or x64 and download it
1. unpack archive to any catalog
2. if you have not a VS Studio 2012 installed, you should register msdia110.dll by the command
3. run windbg and load pykd:
4. to use pykd within python program add a path to pykd to the PYTHONPATH or via registry ( \SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\version\PythonPath )
Where is an automatic installer?
We still have a problem with the installer (see https://pykd.codeplex.com/workitem/13172 ) and can not upload fixed version now.
Class 'cpu' comes back. You can use it for more convenient working with CPU registers
constants removed from global space
pykd had a lot of constants in its global space ( for example, pykd.Break ). It has one negative effect: when you are importing pykd by instruction "from pykd import *" all of these constants are imported to the program's global space and it can lead to strange side effects. So we have decided to remove all constants from the module's global space.