0. choose x86 or x64 and download it
1. unpack archive to any catalog
2. if you have not a VS Studio 2012 installed, you should register msdia110.dll by the command
3. run windbg and load pykd:
4. to use pykd within python program add a path to pykd to the PYTHONPATH or via registry ( \SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\version\PythonPath )
Where is an automatic installer?
We still have a problem with the installer (see https://pykd.codeplex.com/workitem/13172 ) and can not upload fixed version now.
Installation with pip:
You can install pykd as a common python package with pip:
pip install pykd
Or upgrade existing version:
pip install pykd --upgrade
Pykd page on the PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pykd
- setFrame routine. It allows to set current frame by number( an analog of .frame windbg command )
- getFrameNumber routines. It returns current frame number.
- eventHandler::onChangeBreakpoints callback. It is hit when breakpoints is changed for the current process.
- disasm::opcode method. It returns current disassembled instruction as a list of bytes.
- disasm::opmnemo method. It returns a mnemonic code of a current instruction
- fixed :
issue #13389 ( exception in event callback leads to application hang up )
- fixed :
issue #13386 ( WinDbg crash: !py onexistent_file> )