pykd.dll is windbg extension. It can load python core and pykd.pyd, installed as python module ( command: pip install pykd ). Using bootstrapper pykd.dll - is recommended way to use pykd with windbg.
To install pykd.dll you should:
1. Locate your windbg installation place ( for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64 )
2. Unpack pykd.dll to the 'ext' directory.
To load pykd.dll:
To run scripts or REPL use command:
- To run REPL: !py
- To run script: !py script.py arg1 arg2
- To run REPL in local scope ( all objects will be destruct after quit() ): !py --local
- To run script in global scope ( all objects stay to live ): !py --global script.py
pykd.dll has two usefull additional command:
It is equal to command 'pip install pykd' - pykd will be upload and installed!pykd.upgrade
It is equal to command 'pip install --upgrade pykd'