0. choose x86 or x64 and download it
1. unpack archive to any catalog
2. if you have not a VS Studio 2012 installed, you should register msdia110.dll by the command
3. run windbg and load pykd:
4. to use pykd within python program add a path to pykd to the PYTHONPATH or via registry ( \SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\version\PythonPath )
Attention!!! Do not attempt to copy pykd.pyd of the 0.3.x version over 0.2.x . It will not work properly!
Installation with pip:
You can install pykd as a common python package with pip:
pip install pykd
Or upgrade existing version:
pip install pykd --upgrade
Pip documentation: https://pip.pypa.io
Pykd page on the PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pykd
If pip can not install pykd from PyPI
Sometimes pip can not install packages from PyPi, for example due proxy with NTLM authorization. In this situation you can download a python wheel ( file with wlh extension ) and install it with pip locally:
pip install pykd-0.3.0.31-cp27-none-win32.whl
Installation with pykd bootstrapper
If you are going to run pykd in the windbg it is easiest way. All you need:
2. choose version ( x64 or x86 ) and copy pykd.dll to winext catalog of the windbg
3. in the windbg load the extension:
4. If you run pykd the first time you need to install it:
It is equal to running python script: pip install pykd
5. Now you can use pykd
6. You can upgrade pykd from the windbg by command:
Where is an automatic installer?
We still have a problem with the installer (see https://pykd.codeplex.com/workitem/13172 ) and can not upload fixed version now.
- removeBp routine ( remove breakpoint by index ).
- removeAllBp routine ( remove all breakpoints ).
- getLocalProcesses routine ( return list of running processes on the host system )
- typedVar for array does not check an array index now. You can access for an element beside formal array border ( like in C )