0.2.x API request: ptrFloat and ptrDouble

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hi, guys,

Thanks for this amazing project! It helps me a lot!

For my test scripts, sometimes, I need to read out some float/double from target process, but the problem is, seems there is only some APIs to read as Integer, like ptrDWord and ptrQWord.  I can use them to get an integer to Python, but seems it is a little hard to convert them back to the actual Float/Double. (As I'm not an expert to Python, please let me know if there is any easy way to convert them to float/double, thanks). So, I have to add those APIs to my copied version and recompile them.

So, since the required change is not large, I wonder whether we can provide those APIs in official build. Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM

If you make some improvement, you may send a patch with you changes ( see the "source code" view - upload patch ). If you are going to make changes sometimes, I can get access your to SVN for modify. 

BTW, for ptrFloat and ptrDouble ( and loadFloats, loadDoubles ) I've make changes myself, please, check it! 

Thank you! 

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Thanks a lot, kernelnet! I have picked up your changes, and it works great!  I will send patch next time. Thank you!

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Thank you